Thursday, July 01, 2010

Weekend in Saskatoon

I received some unfortunate news last week; my sister in law Sherry's father had died. I always quite liked Sam as he always made feel extremely welcome in their home. With the opportunity to pay respects and visit with the family I took off immediately from work Thursday night.

Mom was home the first night and most of the next day - I picked Richard up after the funeral and Mom went through some of her pictures of her many travels with him.
Later that night Richard and I joined Lawrence and Nikki down by the Bessborough in the Jazz Festival beer gardens.
The next day I hung out with Lawrence for most of the day. We started out the day with Nikki looking for a car at the PBR auctions. There were no deals that day, but I did get a sweet shot of this badass dude.
Later in the day, Betty directed us to a used car lot neither Lawrence or I had ever heard of. It turned out to be fortuitous as we ended up finding a car for Nikki. The car lot was pretty funny. It was basically just a couple of dudes hanging out behind a church drinking beer in lawn chairs using an old Impala for storage/office.
We finished the day back at Betty and Lawrence's, hanging out with the party animals.
Garth
Bones.
On the way back to Edmonton I stopped in Lloydminster and took a picture of the Ivanhoe Motel for the Thunder Bay folks. It always seems to catch my eye as I drive through.

3 comments:

Geoff_9 said...

that car lot is hilarious!

Monica said...

Nice animal pix!

That car lot is very funny. For a moment, I worried that Lawrence pulled "a Francis" and bought Nikki that huge yellowish car until I read further and realized it was probably the office of the lot. You'll have to post a pic of Nikki's car soon.

It was nice to see the elusicve Nikki in this post! I bet it was fun in the beer gardens with Nikki and Lawrence. I'm glad you had some fun on the weekend along with paying respects to Sam.

Monica said...

Oops - that really was a typo in my earlier comment. I really do know how to spell "elusive"!