Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rocky Mountains Trip Part 2 - Fun Times!

When I'm in the mountains and not hiking through the wilderness I like to unwind with a couple of my favorite activities: sliding down gigantic slides that are connected to rockets and mini-golf. Luckily I was able to do both on my last mountain trip.




Christina and I have an intense rivalry going between us about mini-golf. We have known each other for over 3 years and each one of us has had the fervent belief that we were the superior mini-golfer without actually testing ourselves against each other. That is until a fateful day in June 2010 when the forces of good and evil met in east of Nordegg for the match heard round the world.

Both champions showed up to play.

I was dressed in my unofficial sponsor (OV) colors. Christina was clad in her customary black capri combo.
 
I want to say it was a true test of champions but it wasn't even close. The wily Saskatchewan veteran claimed the title of champion that day and basked in his winnings of a free ice-cream waffle cone paid for by the loser.
I leave you now with some apt words spoken by Genghis Khan. No doubt about mini-golf

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

2 comments:

Geoff_9 said...

Nice Mini Gold Trounce ... Are you two still talking to each other ;P

Unknown said...

Along the same lines as "you don't bowl to lose?"