Monday, August 22, 2011

Calgary Comic

For the second year in a row now I attended the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo in June (Last years post). It was a fantastic time with tons of great creators, comics, celebrities, and cosplay.

This year I was lucky enough to attend the event with my friends, the Bells. Matt, Jessie, Andrew and I gathered in the rental vehicle and took the journey down the QE2 together. It was Andrews first expo so his mom got him dressed appropriately.
At the show there were a ton of C & B list celebrities. I could really care less about meeting any of them so instead I tried to snap a couple of pictures to poor affect.
A couple of my geeky favourites.
Diamond Dallas Page
 Gail Simone - the writer for Birds of Prey, Secret Six, Batgirl  
Of course these two pale in comparison to meeting the great Christopher Hastings of Doctor McNinja fame.
But really, no one cares about my geeky celebrity meetings. People want to see some cosplay.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good pics! I attnded my first Calgary Expo this year and really enjoyed it. I'll be doing it again I'm sure!