Sunday, April 25, 2010

Calgary Entertainment Expo 2010

Yesterday (Saturday) I boarded a bus at 6am at my local comic shop to head down to Calgary for the Entertainment Expo.  I didn't really know what to expect but I was blown away by all the people and all the costumes.

One of the first things I did was try and track down Leonard Nimoy.  The whole day there were multi-hour lineups to meet him and get autographs. I chose to take a pic from a distance rather than wait in line.


Other celebrities I was pumped to see where Billy Dee Williams (Lando!) and Brent Spiner (Data)


I also got to meet and see some of my favorite comic book folks. Chris Claremont, Len Wein, Cary Nord and one of my all time favourites Bruce Timm.  Here he is drawing a Batman headshot.


Bruce Timm already had a huge list of commission orders so I went to see Art Baltazar who does Tiny Titans. He drew me Superman with some crayons. I think it's awesome.


Of course there were lots of cool costumes - mostly hot chicks dressed up. Some of my favorites for obvious reasons.




For more of my pictures from the ComicCon click here

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so amazing you were in the presence of Nimoy!!!!!!! So jealous.