Sunday, August 28, 2011

July in Saskatoon

Chrissy and I road-tripped to Saskatoon for the July long weekend this summer to celebrate Canada Day and hang out with my family.

The Jazzfest was on while we were in town so we strolled the lovely riverside to the beer gardens near the Bez.


 My niece Nikki joined me for a drink and we got our first picture together in about a billion years. 


After a few drinks we decided to do some mini-golfing at Wilsons greenhouse. Christina and I have a long standing rivalry on the mini links. Would I remain undefeated on the 'real' grass surfaces and amidst the picturesque setting?  Of course I did. I dominated.


Stephanie and family were kind enough to invite us over for supper and a jump around on their new trampoline.


Christina thought this picture was funny as Liam and I are the same height. The near bottoming out of the trampoline is not cool. Hockey season needs to start up again.


One of my favourite places in Saskatoon is the Forestry Farm Zoo. We visited on a terribly hot day, so instead of walking around we chose to ride the train.


Even the animals were trying to beat the heat. It was pretty funny watching the grizzly bear frolic in the water. He was splashing around, batting back and forth a giant log with a content look on his face.


Additionally we got a quick visit in to the old hometown: Humboldt. My brother Lawrence recently purchased a lot on Stony Lake (aka - Humboldt Lake) and had moved our old cabin from Greenwater there.  It was really cool to see the renovations my brother had done. The old place looked fantastic with new flooring, bathroom and updated features. My camera battery had died by that point so I am stealing a couple of pictures from Betty and posting them here. 

The cabin as we saw it.


 The cabin now after a fresh batch of paint.


Like always the trip back home was too short. I already can't wait for my next trip to Saskatchewan.

No comments: