Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Back at Bat - Starting up Slo-Pitch

Slo-Pitch

For the first time in about 4 years I'm playing slo-pitch again. I was lucky enough to get on a team when a friend of mine went and decided to have a baby.  Good job Jessica and Matt!

After two games I've been pretty hot at the plate and slowly improving in the field at the hot corner 3rd base.

After two games I've had 9 at bats. I've reached base 8 times - twice on errors. The only time I didn't make it on base was a fielders choice where I still got an RBI.

Technically, I'm batting 1.000 at 6 for 6 with two home runs (no fences).

My first game in the field I let one by me I should have had and threw one in the dirt over to first. Not a good showing. In the second game one hot shot got by me and I actually found my range throwing to first. 
So far so good - but I've always been a streaky player and I know that a slump at bat and in the field is inevitable.

A couple of pictures from the May 17th game between Puss N Bats (my team) and the Holy Mitts. Final score was a tie 17-17. No extra innings.




Batting clean-up looking to give it a ride


The big swing

Like a fat gazelle rounding second - Notice the CF now getting the ball

The old baseball card pose. You can almost taste the stale gum.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posing with my orange children's softball bat in your baseball card.