Thursday, March 29, 2012

New Sarepta - Ice Ninjas / Ice Devils Hockey Tournament

This past weekend was the 3rd annual Ice Ninjas hockey tournament in New Sarepta.

The tournament is our regular league team fundraiser for a year end trip to a destination to play hockey. In the past we have done, Kelowna, Montreal and  Las Vegas. This year the team is heading to Boston in the end of April. But, alas, I will not be going as I am short on cash from fix-ups and the selling process of my condo (Go Buy It Already!). Still, I am a team player and cannot resist the chance to have some beers and strap on the blades.

Our  Ice Ninjas team didn't participate this year; a downside to our success as all the tourney spots got filled (better for fundraising). However, I was lucky enough to land on a team with a couple of great guys - Sweezey and Lehoux - and their buddies. We started off with a tough loss Friday night in a fast paced game but rebounded well the next day and had a decent enough showing. For me though, its mostly about getting the chance to hang out and goof off all day at the rink.

But first! Breakfast

I'm pretty much a stay at home defenceman; no shot, poor hands, only excels at waving at the ladies in the stands. You know, the guy every team covets. 


Really not helping the cause as I feel shame in the sin bin.

One of the highlights of the day was the 50/50 shootout and hardest shot competition. Our charity, this year was the Stollery Childrens Hospital and we raised a couple hundred bucks for the good cause.
Remember, how I said, I have no shot and am a stay at home D-Man? My entry into the 50/50 absolutely proved it. My shot hit the post and didn't register and I got shut down by the goalie in the shootout.
The agony of the defeat!

I think that our team organizers did a great job the whole weekend but they really went above and beyond for the supper. They arranged a fantastic roast pig come with all the fixings.

The recipe for good times = a pinch of swine, some beers and a sprinkling of friends. 





For the third straight year the Synergy Construction group won the A Division tourney.  Congratulations.

Thanks to all the teams and spectators that came out. I know our whole team appreciates it.
 I'm already looking forward to next year.

No comments: