Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Weekend in Banff

Christina and my weekend in Banff was based around her running the Melissa's run. Aside from that single hour we had no plans other than playing tourist.

One of our (my) favorite stops was the Rose and Crown pub. Check out the size of my Buffalo meatloaf.


Christina's humoring me on pub food eventually paid off as I succumbed to a luxury meal at the Banff Springs Hotel complete with $16 pre meal cocktails.  It's a complete rip-off but it was worth doing once.




 Other than being souses and gluttons we also took the time to see some of the sights.








This elk was absolutely huge and was totally relaxed. A bunch of people were milling around taking pictures from a safe distance when I realized there was an opportunity to take a kind of cool shot.

Next post - Lake Minnewanka

No comments: