Sunday, August 30, 2015

Graceland

Chrissy and my original reason for visiting Memphis from our vacation in Nashville was to see Graceland.

I don't think my reasoning really needs to be explained....It's Elvis, man....Elvis!

I'm just going to throw a bunch of my pictures up with little commentary. At the end of the day, the experience is hard to articulate...just make a plan to go.

The gates to Graceland.


A beautiful yet modest palace for the King:



Inside the house. Permanently the 1970's:










My Favorite: The Billiard Room with over 300 yards of fabric pleated on the wall and ceiling.


Living museums and collections







Elvis's rides:



Note: Elvis had his own motto (TCB = Taking Care of Business" and logo accompanied by a lightning bolt...and of course he did.

The reflection garden and eternal resting place of Elvis.


Pilgrimage complete! The King is dead, long live the King.

No comments: